Monday, March 15, 2010

I was trying to avoid this...

I thought about posting on here this weekend several times, but seeing as how I have sucked it up this last week I kept deciding to put it off. So a big thanks to Mandy for putting it out there and making me face the group (be sure to read her post below).

1. Did you spend quality time each day with the Lord? If so, how was it? If not, why not?

Nope. Nope. Nope. I struggled every.single.day. to get out of bed period. I was late to work twice. I have no idea what was wrong with me, basically I just chose sleep over everything. I did spend time with the Lord three days, and of those I think one was "quality" time. I agree with Mandy- I struggled to focus.

2. What was the biggest struggle for you this week?

My mind. I was so self focused this week. I struggled to focus on anything outside of me and how I was feeling or what I wanted to do. I wasnt a very good worker, I was not a very good wife, I was not a very fun person. I was just blah. I still dont really know why, just an off week I guess?

3. What is your biggest praise from this last week?

I got to teach at the Creative Ministries Festival on Friday and Saturday, random really. On Friday night I had a small group of wonderful people who truly just reminded me of how great the Lord is and why we  persevere for the Kingdom. They really were a breath of fresh air for me.

4. Is there anything you feel you need to confess or repent of?

Bc of my pride and trust in my own leadership ability, I did not prepare for those sessions I taught like I needed to. Like the people who showed up for it deserved. I struggle with depending on myself way too much.

5. Share what you are committing to do with the Lord next week.

Spend time with Him everyday! (If I miss it in the morning, then spending time with Him before I watch the stupid tv at night) Memorize 3 more verses in Phil. Pray for my youth everyday... everyday.

How is everyone else doing?? Remember to take time and think through these things- how you are struggling, what you are thankful for, what you want to strive for. This is how you live life intentionally. I hope this challenges you to seek Him daily!!

1 comment:

  1. thanks for your honesty about where you are! i've been out of town but will post tonight. praying for you!

    ReplyDelete