Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Checking in

Hi ladies! Hope everyone is doing well.  I've been wanting to post but just haven't sat down to do it, so here goes with the weekly checkin:


1. Did you spend quality time each day with the Lord? If so, how was it? If not, why not?  For some reason I got in my head that I had still been consistent except for when I was gone for the weekend but I was WRONG.  I got out my journal to write on Monday night and had not written since the 10th.  eep.  I feel like I have been hearing a lot from God though and praying a lot.  Gotta stay on track.

2. What was the biggest struggle for you this week?  My attitude has been BAD for the past few weeks.  I am discontent in my job and trying to deal with my frustration in a Godly way, but am not currently doing well.  I have been short with my coworkers and very withdrawn. 

3. What is your biggest Praise from this last week?  I had a wonderful weekend with my best friend in Spring Hill, TN.  We had some good talking time as well as a great time at their church (which feels like Living Hope back when I was back in high school and junior high and is pastored by one of my friends from back in the day).  I also got to see her little daughter be dedicated to the Lord which was so special!

4. Is there anything you feel you need to confess or repent of?  I have been so discontent and my attitude has just been awful.  I have not been glorifying God and have been focusing on what I want and playing the "what if"/regrets game that is never healthy.  I am also realizing that I am horrible at stepping out in faith.  I like routine and "sure things" and the thought of changing anything big is hard.  I want to control it on my own instead of trusting the Lord's power. 

5. Share what you are committing to do with the Lord next week (ex. To spend 10 min in the mornings praying, or to read James, etc).  I will have time with the Lord every single day!

Also, if any of you are interested, one of my dear friends and former Bible study girls is coming over Saturday night before she leaves to go to Africa for a year.  Anyone is invited and let me know if you would like to come!  It will be at my house at 6:30, let me know if you're interested and I will get you more details.
Lastly (and I hope no one wanders over here from my other blogs)...I am considering leaving my job and would like prayer about that.  It is pretty much all about my health...I just feel that I need to get out of that doctor's office and away from children germs if I am ever to become healthy enough to have kids of my own!  It is extremely scary--this is the only job I have ever had, I've worked here for 9 years and I enjoy most aspects of it, I just feel like I need to do this.  Please pray for Patrick & I as we make this decision.  The financial aspect is scary as is the change factor--we are just very stable people. 

1 comment:

  1. Sarah, change is scary. I understand that as fully as I possibly can. I will pray for you guys as you determine what is best for you both. I also wanted to suggest my church to you guys - I know you had mentioned that mornings are difficult - we meet at 5:30 pm at State Street Baptist. We are laid back and a very "come as you are" kind of place, but centered on the gospel. We welcome those struggling and those who are weary from doing "church". Just a thought - something different for you to try. :)

    ReplyDelete