Monday, March 15, 2010

2 Weeks Later...

I've been blogging every day for the last 22 days on my blog. I don't know what I was thinking when I committed myself to that but I'm grateful that I only have 8 days to go.

At any rate, that means that I've been a little behind on any other writing (besides that which I have to do for work).

I've thought about answering Sabrina's questions for a few days - well, since I read the post in Google Reader and starred it so I would do it later....

And now, a full week later, I'm back around to it. So, I guess I'm going first. :)

1. Did you spend quality time each day with the Lord? If so, how was it? If not, why not?
I did spend time with the Lord each day - was it quality every time? Probably not. I struggle with keeping focus on one thing at a time. In order for my time with the Lord to be really quality, I have to be somewhere that my distractions are minimized. This means - no phone, no computer, no internet access...

2. What was the biggest struggle for you this week? (I'll answer for the last 2)
I think so much of my relationship with the Lord is tied up in how things are going for me circumstantially. When things are good, it's easier for me to feel close to the Lord, when they're hard, I have a tendency to try to run away. My biggest struggle is to cling to Him in the midst of a major lull in activity related to raising financial support. To take those feelings to the Lord and allow Him to help me process it through prayer and the Word.

3. What is your biggest praise from this last week? (Again for the last 2)
I will name two things. The first is that I've made it to 41% of my total monthly financial need. I feel like breaking 40% was a big deal and comforting in the confirmation that this is what God has for me. The other thing is that over the course of the last 2 months, I've reconnected with an old friend and there's comfort in that, but it's also been an opportunity to minister to someone else. It's kind of a strange situation, but I'm grateful for how God has provided this in the midst of so much instability in my life.

4. Is there anything you feel you need to confess or repent of?
Just that I'm not nearly as busy as I make myself out to be at times. And I probably should confess that I've not done the best job of keeping up with the schedule I made out for myself - which adds to my inconsistency.

5. Share what you are committing to do with the Lord next week.
Be intentional with my prayer time and with memorizing scripture. I set a goal of memorizing Ephesians at the beginning of the year and haven't gotten started on that. I found a neat resource to help with memorization online and just need to take the time to do it.

1 comment:

  1. man, i was trying to forget that i needed to confess how sucky i have been this week- and then you have to go and start some accountability for the week! that is exactly like the Lord isnt it??

    thanks for the memorization resource, i am trying Phil and i am so bad at it! ha

    yay for 41%!!!

    ReplyDelete